GETTING TO KYPARISSI
- There is a bus from Athens International Airport, to the bus station ‘KIFISOS’. VIEW TIMETABLE
- From there you can take the bus to ‘Molaoi’. VIEW TIMETABLE
- Once you reach Molaoi, you should take a taxi to ‘Kyparissi’. Avg. Rate: 50€
You can also contact us and we can arrange for you a water taxi or a helicopter to Kyparissi.
- Take the E94 national road to Korinth and then the E65 national road to Tripoli.
- Pass Tripoli and continue on the E65 road.
- Take the Lefktro Exit to Sparta (A71) which ends at a roundabout near Skoura and Geraki.
- From Geraki continue through Agios Dimitrios all the way to a junction just before Kremasti.
- Turn right at the sign for Xarakas and Kyparissi.
- Continue until this road comes to a junction with a church on the left.
- Turn left and stay on this road until you reach Kyparissi.
Distance: 298 km , Duration: 4h, Tolls: Yes
- Take the road to Astros/Leonidion
- From Leonidion follow the road signs to Poulithra/Fokiano
- Ater you reach Fokiano, take the new road to Kyparissi.
- This last section is not mapped yet.
Distance: 112 km, Duration: 2h 30m., Tolls: No
- Make sure you fill your tank. There is no gas station in Kyparissi. Last one is located in Geraki or Leonidion respectively.
- There isn’t an ATM either in the village, but most restaurants and cafeterias accept credit/debit card.
- When you reach Kyparissi drive down towards the sea until you come to a fork in the road.
- Take the left way to Metropolis. Kyfanta is just before the next junction, on the right hand side after the supermarket.
- If you want to break your journey to Kyparissi, Geraki is a good place for an overnight stop and you can visit the ancient hilltop castle.
- The castle of Mystras is also a good choice for a visit.
- The last few miles of the road to Kyparissi must be the most spectacular drive in Europe, with towering cliffs overhead on one side and a 1,000 metre drop to the sea on the other. Have your camera ready!