GETTING TO KYPARISSI
- There is a bus from Athens International Airport, to the bus station ‘KIFISOS’. VIEW TIMETABLE
- From there you can take the bus to ‘Molaoi’. VIEW TIMETABLE
- Once you reach Molaoi, you should take a taxi to ‘Kyparissi’. Avg. Rate: 50€
You can also contact us and we can arrange for you a water taxi or a helicopter to Kyparissi.
- Take the E94 national road to Korinth and then the E65 national road to Tripoli.
- Pass Tripoli and continue on the E65 road.
- Take the Lefktro Exit to Sparta (A71) which ends at a roundabout near Skoura and Geraki.
- From Geraki continue through Agios Dimitrios all the way to a junction just before Kremasti.
- Turn right at the sign for Xarakas and Kyparissi.
- Continue until this road comes to a junction with a church on the left.
- Turn left and stay on this road until you reach Kyparissi.
- When you reach Kyparissi drive down towards the sea until you come to a fork in the road.
- Take the left way to Metropolis. Kyfanta is just before the next junction, on the right hand side after the supermarket.
Make sure you fill your tank. There is no gas station in Kyparissi. Last one is located in Geraki.
Distance: 298 km , Duration: 4h, Tolls: Yes
- Take the road to Astros/Leonidion
- From Leonidion follow the road signs to Poulithra/Fokiano
- Ater you reach Fokiano, take the new road to Kyparissi.
- This last section is not mapped yet.
Distance: 112 km, Duration: 2h 30m., Tolls: No
- If you want to break your journey to Kyparissi, Geraki is a good place for an overnight stop and you can visit the ancient hilltop castle.
- The castle of Mystras is also a good choice for a visit.
- The last few miles of the road to Kyparissi must be the most spectacular drive in Europe, with towering cliffs overhead on one side and a 1,000 metre drop to the sea on the other. Have your camera ready!